Sunday, October 31, 2010

Coach Purses and Halloween Curses

This week I had a birthday cake for a guy whose wife likes Coach bags.  I have never made a purse cake before and was pretty apprehensive.  The task proved to be as difficult as I originally thought.  The weather was going crazy-- beautiful one second and a tornado warning the next-- resulting in terrible humidity.  The fondant bubbled and peeled right off of the cake and it was a leaning purse... However, after many tears and my lovely boyfriend running back and forth to the store for me at 1 am, the end result was beautiful. 


I love how it turned out but I was glad to see this one go! Because of all the things that went wrong, I feel better prepared for next time.

Next was a Halloween cake-- this was SO much fun to make! 

It's a classic yellow cake and buttercream with fondant accents.  I discovered color mist that is the closest thing to an airbrushing that I can get to at the moment.  It did make for a really cool look to the coffin. 


Happy Halloween! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment